In this course, you will master the basics of this beautiful open source language. The aim is to provide an introduction to R, a computer language and environment for statistics and graphics. The course will focus on getting familiar with the R environment by means of RStudio, to use R for manipulation and exploration of data and to perform simple analysis. Basic programming as well as visualization of results in R will also be part of this course.
This 2-day course is meant for people who have no experience with R and no specific knowledge is required.
The course consist of demonstrations and computer practicals.
- Introduction to R and Rstudio;
- Use standard programming constructs: loops, if-then-else statements, repetition, selection, functions, etc., to write basic program scripts to fully automate the statistical analyses;
- Read data into R from various sources;
- Extend the basic functionality of R with, specific, packages;
- Write reports in Rmarkdown language in which the statistical analyses and results visualization are integrated, as being part of Reproducible Research;
- Carry out simple analyses with the help of the R language and environment for statistical computing and write reports in Rmarkdown.
Date & duration:
Dates will be announced in due time
The study load of this course is 0.7 ECTS credits.
Venue will be announced in due time
Costs will be announced in due time.
Registration will be open in due time