In this course, you will master the basics of R, a computer language and environment for statistics and graphics. The course focuses on getting familiar with the R environment by means of RStudio, to use R for manipulation and exploration of data. Basic programming as well as visualization in R are also part of this course.
This 2-day course is meant for people who have no experience with R and no specific knowledge is required.
The course consists of demonstrations and computer practicals.
- Introduction to R and RStudio;
- Getting started;
- Data types and structures: from vectors to data frames;
- Reading and writing files;
- Data manipulation in R.
- R coding style for concise, clear and consistent code which are easier to read and edit;
- Standard programming constructs: loops, if-then-else statements, functions, ..., to write basic program scripts;
- R base graphics for basic visualizations (bar plots, pie charts, scatter plots, ...).
18 and 19 August 2020.
The study load of this course is 0.7 ECTS credits.
Venue will be announced in due time.
Registration & Costs:
These statistics courses are primarily organised for VLAG PhD candidates. If we have places left, others are welcome to join the courses.
|PhD candidates affiliated with VLAG/WUR *||175 €|
|All other PhD candidates||400 €|
|Postdoc / staff from VLAG||400 €|
|Postdoc / staff not affiliated with VLAG||525 €|
|Professionals / Non academics||800 €|
Costs includes material, tea/coffee and lunches.
* VLAG/EPS/PE&RC/WASS/WIAS/WIMEK PhD candidates with an approved TSP.
You may cancel free of charge up to four weeks before the start of the course. After this date you will be charged the University fee, unless you can find someone to replace you in the course and supply the course coordinator with the name and contact information of your replacement.
For more information please contact Suzanne van der Wielen