In this course, you will master the basics of this beautiful open source language. The aim is to provide an introduction to R, a computer language and environment for statistics and graphics. The course will focus on getting familiar with the R environment by means of RStudio, to use R for manipulation and exploration of data and to perform simple analysis. Basic programming as well as visualization of results in R will also be part of this course.
This 2-day course is meant for people who have no experience with R and no specific knowledge is required.
The course consists of demonstrations and computer practicals.
- Introduction to R and Rstudio;
- Use standard programming constructs: loops, if-then-else statements, repetition, selection, functions, etc., to write basic program scripts to fully automate the statistical analyses;
- Read data into R from various sources;
- Extend the basic functionality of R with, specific, packages.
- Write reports in Rmarkdown language in which the statistical analyses and results visualization are integrated, as being part of Reproducible Research;
- Carry out simple analyses with the help of the R language and environment for statistical computing and write reports in Rmarkdown.
10 and 11 February 2020.
The study load of this course is 0.7 ECTS credits.
Venue will be announced in due time.
Registration & Costs:
These statistics courses are primarily organised for VLAG PhD candidates. If we have places left, others are welcome to join the courses.
|PhD candidates affiliated with VLAG/WUR *||175 €|
|All other PhD candidates||400 €|
|Postdoc / staff from VLAG||400 €|
|Postdoc / staff not affiliated with VLAG||525 €|
|Professionals / Non academics||1200 €|
Costs includes material, tea/coffee and lunches.
* VLAG/EPS/PE&RC/WASS/WIAS/WIMEK PhD candidates with an approved TSP.
You may cancel free of charge up to four weeks before the start of the course. After this date you will be charged the University fee, unless you can find someone to replace you in the course and supply the course coordinator with the name and contact information of your replacement.
For more information please contact Ingeborg van Leeuwen-Bol.