In this course, you will master the basics of R, a computer language and environment for statistics and graphics. The course focuses on getting familiar with the R environment by means of RStudio, to use R for manipulation and exploration of data. Basic programming as well as visualization in R are also part of this course.
This 2-day course is meant for people who have no experience with R and no specific knowledge is required.
The course consists of demonstrations and computer practicals.
- Introduction to R and RStudio;
- Getting started;
- Data types and structures: from vectors to data frames;
- Reading and writing files;
- Data manipulation in R.
- R coding style for concise, clear and consistent code which are easier to read and edit;
- Standard programming constructs: loops, if-then-else statements, functions, ..., to write basic program scripts;
- R base graphics for basic visualizations (bar plots, pie charts, scatter plots, ...).
Date and venue:
edition 1: 13-14 February 2023 on Campus
Edition 2: 8-9 May 2023 on Campus
Edition 3: 21 and 28 November 2023 on Campus
The study load of this course is 0.7 ECTS credits.
Registration & Costs:
|PhD candidates affiliated with VLAG/WUR *||150 €|
|All other PhD candidates||325 €|
|Postdoc / staff from VLAG||325 €|
|Postdoc / non-profit staff not affiliated with VLAG||500 €|
|Industry / Non academics||800 €|
Costs includes material, tea/coffee and lunches.
* VLAG/EPS/PE&RC/WASS/WIAS/WIMEK PhD candidates with an approved TSP.
- No charge until one month before the start of the course
- 25% of the course fee paid or due till 7 days before the start of the course
- No refund after 7 days before the start of the course
For more information please contact Suzanne van der Wielen