Nutrition, metabolism and health
This research theme is sub-divided into three themes:
At the cellular level the objectives are to study:
- Molecular mechanisms of (non-)nutrients in human metabolism.
- Gene-nutrient interactions in response to genetic variability
At the individual (whole body) level research is focused on:
- Nutrients and their role in physiologic metabolic functions in health and disease.
- Factors determining food and nutrient intake, sensory functionality.
At the population level the interest is in:
- Quantifying the relationship between diet and other lifestyle factors in disease aetiology, including the role of individual susceptibility.
- Assessing the impact of diet/lifestyle in health promotion and disease prevention.