The projects belong to the programme ‘System approaches for food and nutrition – partnership NWO-TIFN’ . In total 10 projects out of 34 proposals were approved.
Under the theme ‘Safeguarding product quality while using new sustainable sources and processing steps: a multi-scale and interdisciplinary approach’ projects were approved with as Principal Investigators
- Costas Nikiforidis (Biobased Chemistry & Technology),
- Peter Wierenga (Food Chemistry),
- Karin Schroën (Food Process Engineering) and
- Leonard Sagis (Physics & Physical Chemistry of Foods).
Under the theme ‘Unravelling the biology behind perceivable consumer benefits’ a project submitted by
- Sanne Boesveldt (Sensory Science & Eating Behaviour) was selected for funding.