- Most, if not all, gut microbes have some degree of oxygen tolerance (this thesis)
- Gap-filling algorithms point out gaps in knowledge instead of improving the accuracy of genome-scale metabolic models (this thesis)
- If bacterial growth kinetics would apply for economic issues, the European economy would currently be running as a fed-batch reactor.
- In contrast to what has been stated by P. Ball, the bulk of water in biological systems behaves the same as tap water, and water can therefore not be considered to be a biomolecule.
P. Ball (2008), Water as a biomolecule, ChemPhysChem, 9(18), 2677-85
- It is impossible to strive for diversity while treating every individual equally
- Politicians do not have the guts to allow implementation of genetically modified crops but rather rely on their gut feeling to prohibit implementation
- Science is always relevant, regardless of the findings