VLAG has limited means to financially support the participation of VLAG PhD candidates in external courses.
In view of the large and diverse PhD community and broad scientific field, VLAG cannot organise all the courses needed by its PhD candidates. The PhD candidates are encouraged to attend courses organised by other parties in the Netherlands, or abroad. To facilitate this VLAG provides a budget of €4000 per year.
Criteria and procedure
- All VLAG PhD candidates with an approved Training and Supervision Plan (TSP) can apply for this financial support.
- A PhD candidate can make use of this support once during the PhD period.
- VLAG contribution should be used to finance the course fee.
- VLAG will contribute a maximum of 50% of the course fee, with a maximum of €400.
It is expected that the PhD candidate and/or the research group will cover the rest.
- Before the course: PhD candidates applying for this support should provide a written motivation letter signed by the PhD candidate and the thesis supervisor (max. 1 page), a list of completed educational activities and the current status of their educational budget.
- After the course: The applicant should provide a proof of registration and a proof of attendance (e.g. a course certificate).
Application and all other requested documents should be sent to the VLAG Graduate School office: Dr Anouk Geelen