In this course, you will master the basics of R, a computer language and environment for statistics and graphics. The course focuses on getting familiar with the R environment by means of RStudio, to use R for manipulation and exploration of data. Basic programming as well as visualization in R are also part of this course.
This 2-day course is meant for people who have no experience with R and no specific knowledge is required.
The course consists of demonstrations and computer practicals.
- Introduction to R and RStudio;
- Getting started;
- Data types and structures: from vectors to data frames;
- Reading and writing files;
- Data manipulation in R.
- R coding style for concise, clear and consistent code which are easier to read and edit;
- Standard programming constructs: loops, if-then-else statements, functions, ..., to write basic program scripts;
- R base graphics for basic visualizations (bar plots, pie charts, scatter plots, ...).
Date and venue:
edition 1: 7-8 March 2022 online
Edition 2: 25-26 April 2022 on Campus
The study load of this course is 0.7 ECTS credits.
Registration & Costs:
|PhD candidates affiliated with VLAG/WUR *||150 €|
|All other PhD candidates||325 €|
|Postdoc / staff from VLAG||325 €|
|Postdoc / non-profit staff not affiliated with VLAG||500 €|
|Industry / Non academics||800 €|
Costs includes material, tea/coffee and lunches.
* VLAG/EPS/PE&RC/WASS/WIAS/WIMEK PhD candidates with an approved TSP.
- No charge until one month before the start of the course
- 25% of the course fee paid or due till 7 days before the start of the course
- No refund after 7 days before the start of the course
Substitutions for participants may be made at any time until the start of the course.
For more information please contact Suzanne van der Wielen