In this course, you will master the basics of R, a computer language and environment for statistics and graphics. The course focuses on getting familiar with the R environment by means of RStudio, to use R for manipulation and exploration of data. Basic programming as well as visualization in R are also part of this course.
This 2-day course is meant for people who have no experience with R and no specific knowledge is required.
The course consists of demonstrations and computer practicals.
- Introduction to R and RStudio;
- Getting started;
- Data types and structures: from vectors to data frames;
- Reading and writing files;
- Data manipulation in R.
- R coding style for concise, clear and consistent code which are easier to read and edit;
- Standard programming constructs: loops, if-then-else statements, functions, ..., to write basic program scripts;
- R base graphics for basic visualizations (bar plots, pie charts, scatter plots, ...).
31 May - 1 June 2021.
The study load of this course is 0.7 ECTS credits.
This course will be online.
Registration & Costs:
|PhD candidates affiliated with VLAG/WUR *||175 €|
|All other PhD candidates||400 €|
|Postdoc / staff from VLAG||400 €|
|Postdoc / staff not affiliated with VLAG||525 €|
|Professionals / Non academics||800 €|
Costs includes material, tea/coffee and lunches.
* VLAG/EPS/PE&RC/WASS/WIAS/WIMEK PhD candidates with an approved TSP.
- No charge until 2 May 2021
- 25% of the course fee paid or due till 24 May 2021
- No refund after 24 May 2021
Substitutions for participants may be made at any time until the start of the course.
For more information please contact Suzanne van der Wielen