The meeting is the 12th in the ISP series of conferences started in 1995, on the physics and physical chemistry of polyelectrolytes, with a focus on understanding how electrostatic interactions determine and influence the behaviour of synthetic and biological charged macromolecules in solution, in complexes and at interfaces. We aim at continuing the success of the 11th edition in Moscow (2016) by providing a stimulating forum with prominent keynote and invited speakers, ample opportunities for contributed talks and poster presentations, and plenty of opportunities to discuss and interact with colleagues. Wageningen is conveniently located, just one hour by public transport from Schiphol Amsterdam airport.
Pre-conference course on Polyelectrolytes
Ahead of the conference, on August 26 and 27, a PhD course will be organized that will be free of charge for PhD students attending the conference, featuring extended tutorial lectures by a selection of the invited and keynote speakers of the conference.
Themes and topics
- Polyelectrolyte Theory and Modeling
- Polyelectrolyte Complex Materials and Complex Coacervation
- Polyelectrolyte Characterization
- Polyelectrolytes and Self-assembly
- Polyelectrolyte Gels and Networks
- Polyelectrolytes in Industrial Applications
- Polyelectrolytes at Interfaces
- Prof. Michael Rubinstein (Duke University, North Carolina, USA)
- Prof. Christine Keating (Penn State University, USA)
- Prof. Russel Stewart (The University of Utah, USA)
International organizing committee
- Paul Dubin (University of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA)
- Ray Farinato (Solvay, USA)
- Alexei Khokhlov (Moscow State University, Russia)
- Serge Stoll (University of Geneva, Switzerland)
- Ulrich Scheler (Leibniz Institute of Polymer Research Dresden, Germany)
Local organizing committee
- Renko de Vries (Wageningen University & Research)
- Frans Leermakers (Wageningen University & Research)
- Marleen Kamperman (Wageningen University & Research)
- Jasper van der Gucht (Wageningen University & Research)
- Louis de Smet (Wageningen University & Research)
- Eva Oudshoorn (Wageningen University & Research, Graduate School VLAG)
- Evan Spruijt (Radboud University Nijmegen)
- Ilja Voets (Eindhoven University of Technology)
- Adreas Herrmann (University of Groningen)
- Simeon Stoyanov (Unilever)
- Wiebe de Vos (University of Twente)
- Saskia Lindhoud (University of Twente)
Date & duration
The pre-conference course & conference will be held from 26 - 31 August 2018.
The course language will be English.
The Graduate School VLAG, Wageningen University & Research
Mrs. Eva Oudshoorn, phone: +31-317-485310 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Location & accommodation
The conference venue is Conference Centre Hof van Wageningen (www.hofvanwageningen.nl), located in the centre of the historical and charming city Wageningen.
Registration & course fee
Registration and abstract submission for the conference will open early 2018. Registration fees will include full access to the conference venue, lunches, conference dinner, coffee breaks. Accommodation is not included in the fee.
|| until 30 June 2018
|| after 30 June 2018
|Universities / Non-profit organisations
|| € 400
|| € 500
|Industry / For-Profit organisations
|| € 750
|| € 900