In this course, you will master the basics of this beautiful open source language. The aim is to provide an introduction to R, a computer language and environment for statistics and graphics. The course will focus on getting familiar with the R environment by means of RStudio, to use R for manipulation and exploration of data and to perform simple analysis. Basic programming as well as visualization of results in R will also be part of this course.
This 2-day course is meant for people who have no experience with R and no specific knowledge is required.
The course consist of demonstrations and computer practicals.
- Introduction to R and Rstudio;
- Use standard programming constructs: loops, if-then-else statements, repetition, selection, functions, etc., to write basic program scripts to fully automate the statistical analyses;
- Read data into R from various sources;
- Extend the basic functionality of R with, specific, packages;
- Write reports in Rmarkdown language in which the statistical analyses and results visualization are integrated, as being part of Reproducible Research;
- Carry out simple analyses with the help of the R language and environment for statistical computing and write reports in Rmarkdown.
Date & duration:
The course will be held on: Tuesday 22 & Wednesday 23 May 2018
The study load of this course is 0.7 ECTS credits.
Forum building, details will be announced later.
€ 150 including handouts, coffee/tea during the breaks and lunch,
Registration is closed. The course is fully booked